All stakeholders are invited to comment on the second draft of the Trademark Standard FSC-STD-50-001 – Requirements for Use of the FSC Trademarks by Certificate Holders – through our new FSC Consultation Platform. The deadline for commenting is 30 April 2017.
NEW FSC CONSULTATION PLATFORM TO BE USED FOR SECOND CONSULTATION
The consultation will start from 1 March 2017. For the first time, we will be using our Consultation Platform. We hope this tool will simplify the consultation process: stakeholders can now read the relevant documents, submit their comments, and provide answers to the consultation questions via a single web page. They can also jump directly to the sections of the standard they are most interested in.
Our consultation web page will redirect to the Online Consultation Platform: there you can find the relevant documentation and submit your comments.
WHAT ARE THE MAIN AMENDMENTS INCLUDED IN THE DRAFT REVISED STANDARD?
- Introduction of a trademark use management system as an alternative to submitting all intended uses of FSC trademarks to the certification body for approval.
- Removal of some prohibitions, including those on general promotion if no FSC sales or production have taken place for 12 months and the use of trademarks at the top of document templates.
- Introduction of guidance on how to describe FSC and products with FSC claims.
- Greater flexibility in choosing labelling elements.
- Reduced size requirements for all marks and greater flexibility in the placement of on-product labels.
- Integration in the standard of the advice notes on labelling products from small and community producers (FSC-ADV-50-003) and on the requirements for the use of the ‘Forests For All Forever’ marks (FSC-ADV-50-004).